Monday, August 6, 2007

New sites and software

As I "played" on the web today, I discovered a couple new tools and sites worth mentioning.
JingProject
Here you can download software that allows you capture images of your screen and videos too! This is very much like Snagit that I tried to demo on the first weekend, but the cool part is that you can use it for free and it is available on Macs and PC's. When you capture something it automatically generates a URL where you can direct others to view your video.
Here is a URL of a screen capture I tried using a cool site called Scribd.
http://www.screencast.com/t/bOTjTuRfK

I also came across a collaborative mind-mapping tool called Mindmeister that I am going to play with a little more. Maybe anyone interested could try this together before our next class?? I'll be exploring it more this week.

3 comments:

jobee13 said...

Can't wait to play with these sites at school. What a great way for my students to focus on a game plan when doing a group activity. Jodi

Claudia said...

wow, I don't know if you set this up as such or if my computer does funny things, but all the instructions on how to post a comment are in French. Any ideas what is happening? Claudia

MBarkley said...

I have been playing with the goodreads site I found on Holly's FURL. Check it out:
www.goodreads.com